Opening Tag

A place where I can openly indulge my megomania

Monday, April 29, 2013

Fox In Socks

Just now getting back into the swing of things. The snow season is winding down and Im gradually ratcheting up my climbing game. Despite all of this chair riding, I've managed to maintain my fitness. Now it's just a matter of selecting a new project.

To keep it interesting, I've put in a new line in the Dihedrals. Ive been eyeing the arete just right of 'Go Dog Go' for years now. Figured it was time to finally do something about it. So last weekend I geared up and slammed some bolts in it. Unfortunately, my drill died while putting in the first bolt. Knowing that it was impossible to bolt/clean this line any other time but at night, I installed the rest by pounding my drill bit in with a hammer. I have a new found respect for this practice.

Psyched to hand drill!
I was pretty happy with how the route turned out. Huge moves on good holds, accompanied by great exposure. Even more so to have contributed something in the main area. I suspect if nothing else, this route will be a great way to access 'Go Dog Go'.

Check it out. Fox In Socks.

Fyi, the name is a reference to an old Dr Seuss book. 

2 comments:

  1. I look forward to it! Thanks for your vision/work Palo... and for the pic of flipping off a weighing scale lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there. Nice blog. You have shared useful information. Keep up the good work! This blog is really interesting and gives good details.

    Weighing scale.

    ReplyDelete